About the AuthorThe leadership sutras for this contest are written by His Grace Chaitanya Charan das. Here is his brief introduction:
- He is the highly distinguished scholar & teacher of Bhagavad Gita yet he refers his own self to be a continuous student of Bhagavad Gita.
- He has done his Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering from the Govt College of Engg, Pune.
- He subsequently served as a software engineer in a multinational software company, Patni Computer Systems.
- He also secured 2350 out of 2400 in the GRE exam, bagging the top rank in Maharashtra.
- Seeing the prevalent problems of stress, depression, addiction and overall misdirection - all caused by a lack of spirituality, he felt inspired to dedicate his life to bridging the gap between the modern science-based worldview and the ancient spirituality-based worldview.
- He is an editor of Back to Godhead, which is the official international magazine of the Hare Krishna movement.
- He is a member of ISKCON's Shastric Advisory Council (SAC), which offers counsel on scriptural matters to the highest administrative body of ISKCON, the Governing Body Commission (GBC).
- He conducts seminars on the relevance of spiritual wisdom for contemporary times at various reputed educational institutes all over India including IITs and NITs as well as leading MNCs like Tech Mahindra.
- He has presented papers on the interface of science and spirituality as an invited delegate at national and international conferences, including World Peace Conference, 2006 and World Peace Congress, 2008 organized under the UNESCO chair.
- His writings have been published in newspapers like Times of India (in the prestigious Speaking Tree column), Indian Express, Economic Times, Hindustan Times, and Sakaal Times. (See links below for some of those articles).
- His writings in English have been translated into several foreign languages including German, Chinese and Romanian and several Indian languages including Kannada, Telgu, Bengali, Hindi and Marathi.
- He has written over 500 articles till now, many of which are available on this site
- He is the author of eight books: 1. ENERGY – Your Sutra for Positive Thinking
2. Science and Spirituality
3. ‘The Spiritual Scientist’ series, volume 1
4. ‘The Spiritual Scientist’ series, volume 2
5. Recession – Adversity or Opportunity?
6. Why do we need a temple?
7. Frequently Unanswered Questions
8. Idol Worship or Ideal Worship?
To read a few of the author's articles published in The Times of India and The Economic Times, please click on the links below:
To know more about the author's life and experiences, you can read the following articles:
- An Intellect Discovers Its Perfection
- Do you still believe in God?
- How I discovered the science of bhakti-yoga